Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Despite progress, questions remain over Canadia Tower




Despite progress, questions remain over Canadia Tower

Despite progress, questions remain over Canadia Tower

PICTURES BY NATHAN GREEN (LEFT) AND SOVANN PHILONG

Despite the rapid progress this year on the skeleton of Canadia Bank's new headquarters (seen here on January 17 and June 23 this year), questions are still circulating as to when it will be ready for occupation. Su Si, the director of Mega Asset Management Co, the property unit of Canadia Bank's sister company Overseas Cambodian Investment Corp, which is overseeing construction, told the Post last week it was still on track for a September 9 launch. Canadia Bank Deputy General Manager Charles Vann was less certain, telling the Post only it would be launched this year. Meanwhile, a page on Canadia Bank's Web site indicating the new headquarters would be ready by September 9 has since been removed. Experts contend that even when the shell is complete, it will require around one month per floor to ready the building for occupation. The photo on the right does not show that the windows on the rear of the building are not in place.

MOST VIEWED

  • All inbound flights set to face added scrutiny

    Ministry of Health spokesperson Or Vandine said on Monday that the ministry is monitoring all inbound flights, after it was announced that only those from Malaysia and Indonesia will be temporarily cancelled from August 1. Vandine said on Monday that the two countries were identified as

  • Flights from Indonesia, Malaysia cancelled

    A Ministry of Health official has warned of the possibility of Covid-19 spreading through community transmission after the total infected cases in the Kingdom rose to 225. Ministry spokeswoman Or Vandine told reporters on Saturday that the possibility of community transmission cannot be overlooked and that

  • Man in quarantine dies of ‘overdose’

    The Ministry of Health on Thursday said a Cambodian migrant worker who died while being isolated at a quarantine centre in Tbong Khmum province’s Kroch Chhmar district may have died from syncope or overdose of tablets. In a statement, the ministry said the 21-year-old

  • Ministry set to reopen 20 schools in August

    The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport will allow 20 high-safety-standards schools to reopen next month despite new cases of Covid-19 in the country. Ministry spokesperson Ros Soveacha wrote in a Telegram message on Wednesday that the schools are in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang.