Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Stats give Fergie festive cheer




Stats give Fergie festive cheer

Stats give Fergie festive cheer

Premier League leaders Manchester United will be hoping to enter the Christmas week with another three points under their belts as they travel to Swansea City on Sunday afternoon.

The Swans have made a bright start to the campaign under new manager Michael Laudrup, but they’re aiming to bounce back after two consecutive defeats.

PowerTable’s unique match prediction formula gives Sir Alex Ferguson’s team a 46 per cent chance of success. Swansea are given a 30 per cent chance of success, with a 24 per cent likelihood of a draw.

Vital statistics

United average 14.18 shots per game, compared to Swansea’s 13 shots per game.

United have a shots-to-goal ratio of 5.60, the best in the league. Swansea are eighth in this category, with a ratio of 8.50.

Sixty-two per cent of Swansea’s corners are from the left wing, more than any other team.

Both teams are slow starters, conceding the first goal in 10 games this season.

It should be a flowing, passing game – United boast the highest pass success rate in the league, with 87.4 per cent. Swansea are third, with 86.3 per cent.

Swansea’s Ki Sung-Yueng has a pass success rate of 92.5 per cent – the third highest in the league – while his team-mate Chico makes the third most interceptions a game, on 3.2 per cent.

Seven of Michu’s goals for Swansea have been in home games, making him the joint top scorer at home.

United’s Michael Carrick is the second most prolific passer, averaging 85.3 passes per game. Paul Scholes is the best man at picking out his colleagues from distance, making 9.4 accurate long balls a game.

Robin van Persie attempts four shots per away game, which is the second most in the league.

More facts and stats are available at powertablesports.com.

MOST VIEWED

  • School reopening to be postponed until November

    Minister of Education Hang Chuon Naron on Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Hun Sen requesting a delay of school reopening across the Kingdom until November, when the new academic year begins. In his letter, Chuon Naron said the postponement is warranted to avoid the new

  • Foreigners in Kingdom must now register in FPCS system

    The Ministry of Interior’s General Department of Immigration (GDI) announced that it would not grant visa extensions to foreigners staying in Cambodia if their names are not listed on the Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS) by July 1. Foreign nationals can register in the

  • Covid-19 at ‘alarming rate’, health ministry says

    The Covid-19 risk level for individual transmission is at an “alarming rate” in the Kingdom and its probability is “not low”, warned Health Ministry spokesperson Or Vandine. “Cambodia’s coronavirus scenario is classified as being at an early stage of the pandemic because of ongoing

  • Mandatory quarantine for 30,000 workers begins

    Some of the roughly 30,000 workers from factories and enterprises across the Kingdom who went on leave during Khmer New Year began their government-imposed 14-day quarantine on Monday. Speaking at a press conference while visiting workers at the Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone on Monday, Ministry

  • Unemployed to get $40 per month

    The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training has instructed enterprises, business owners and travel agencies in five provinces to prepare the proper forms for the suspension of employment contracts. This, it said, will make it easier for the ministry to transfer $40 a month to workers

  • Gov’t travel ban flouted

    While the majority of Cambodians have paid heed to Prime Minister Hun Sen’s order to stay put and not travel during the Khmer New Year – the holidays of which were also postponed – several hundred have left Phnom Penh nonetheless. They have allegedly breached provincial

  • G20 energy ministers struggle to finalise oil output cuts

    Top oil producers struggled to finalise production cuts during a virtual summit held by Group of 20 (G20) energy ministers on Friday, despite US President Donald Trump’s mediation efforts to end a standoff with Mexico. The final G20 communique appeared to gloss over simmering divisions

  • Kingdom revises travel restriction order

    The government on Friday eased the district and provincial border restrictions issued on Thursday. People are now allowed to cross districts within their provinces. Phnom Penh and Kandal province are to be treated as a single region where people are allowed to travel freely. In

  • Private schools struggling

    The Cambodian Higher Education Association has claimed that 113 private educational establishments are facing bankruptcy because of their inability to pay rent and staff salaries in light of nationwide school closures caused by the Covid-19 outbreak. It said the financial trouble started when the Ministry of

  • Khmer New Year holidays postponed

    In an effort to halt Covid-19 infections in the Kingdom, Prime Minister Hun Sen has postponed the Khmer New Year holidays scheduled from April 13 to 16. While the people will not have their usual break, nor will there be any public celebrations or gatherings at pagodas,